Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Lodola 235 motor project.

Moto Guzzi Update



I have 2 motors apart in my basement right now. A beat and tired motor that came in my recent purchase (bad big and small end bearings, scorched piston and main bearings have tons of play) and a relatively nice parts motor that came along side it. It is cold and quiet around here so I have had time to pull them both apart and find the best parts from each and try to get a good motor together by spring. The photos of the cleaner motor has a pile of black mud that I scraped out of the parts motor. I couldn't believe how much came out of it. I used some old clay tools I had laying around to scrape the cases. With the exception of some strange JB weld or alum-a-weld blob by the oil screen I think this thing is in good shape. Trip to the machine shop in the next couple weeks and things will start to go back on soon. Not sure anyone is interested but I will post updates as the snow flies. Hi Brian and Todd.

My ladies

1 comment:

  1. I'm listening!!! Cool to see the new motor down to the bone...
    Keep it coming.
    DB

    ReplyDelete